Dear Pickleball Club Members,
Please find this Friday’s, 1pm (Marinette) meeting agenda below. Agenda is subject to change.
Opening Remarks (Steve)
Prior Meeting Minutes (Clarisse)
SSIPA Tournament Proposed Budget (Marcia)
Club Financial Statement/Treasurers Report (Candy)
Membership Report (Pat Sterba)
Facility Improvements Status (Glenn)
Volunteers Status (Pat Klepadlo, Pat Sterba)
Safety Briefing (Glenn)
Survey Results (Steve, Glenn)
Ladders (Kevin, Pat S., Roland)
Upcoming Events Review (Kevin)
Close of meeting by 2:30 or sooner
Look forward to seeing you there.
Due to popular demand, Lis Smoot, Club Lead Instructor, has agreed to add another combined Beginner/Advanced Beginner class (up to 18 people allowed to sign up) on Thursday at 6:00-7:30pm. This was made possible because of the generous donation of time from volunteer instructors. Thank you, Lis and all volunteer instructors! Here is the link to sign up for the Thursday evening clinic:
Clinics – Restart
Good News…we are rolling out a new program to help us play better with less injury. Clinic signups available now on our website.
I’m pleased to announce that Lis Smoot, longtime educator and coach in physical fitness, has graciously accepted to be “Lead Instructor” for clinics. Along with Lis, Bud Langford, also a coach of various sports, will be the back up to Lis.
Lis is taking a different approach to lessons for our club, whereby each week will focus on different techniques and skill development for both the beginner and advanced beginner classes.
Supporting this weekly “scheduled lesson plan” program will be a cadre of volunteer instructors of which you may have seen before and some new ones.
I take this opportunity to remind all of us of how fortunate we are to have such great facilities and talented players/instructors giving “generously” of their time to help us further enjoy pickleball. They Rock! Continue reading →
A Lot is Happening
- Club Shirts: On sale until February 1st. If we reach 150 ordered, we get a lower cost to each person… We can do it, right? It is best to order online or contact Daryl Wimer at: 623-680-2223. Let’s show off our colors/spirit at the Spring Slam Tournament with our Club Shirts
- Club Survey: A “Survey” email was sent out on Sunday to gain member feedback. It is due by this Friday, Jan. 19th, not the original date of 21st.
- Volunteers: In the city of volunteers, we need more volunteers for the SSIPA tournament on Jan. 30, Jan. 31 and Feb. 1. Particularly need “Line Judges” (don’t need to be USAPA approved, just good eyes) and parking guides. Please see the sign-up forms at both court locations or on the website.
- SSIPA Tournament Needs Players: Need 2.5 players/teams to sign up to make sure there are enough in this category to prevent forcing a combination of 3.0 and 2.5’s. Consider this “your turn”. Only 3 days left to sign up online at: https://www.secure.pickleballtournaments.com/welcome.pl?tid=1586
- 2018 Membership Renewal: Grace period ends on January 31st. We want new members and returnees. Club growth helps us increase activities for members. You can sign up online or drop an application and check in the boxes at either court location.
- Friday Marinette Social: For anyone that wants to play on social basis (doesn’t matter your skill level, let’s mix it up). Followed by dinner (you bring your own) in the Auditorium this Friday (alternating Friday’s in Auditorium and then eating out other Friday). Starts at 5pm
- Member Meeting Changed: Due to a scheduling conflict, RCSC changed us to Friday, January 26th at Marinette from 1pm-2:30pm. We are discussing several club matters of recent interest. All members are welcome.
Lastly, Wednesday was a nice day for friendly play. We had a good turnout for Round Robin and potential new members got to view some demonstration play at Discover Sun City day. Thanks to Pat Sterba, Pat Klepadlo and others that dropped in to assist at our table and portable net set up.
It’s Fun, Fun, Fun with the Pickleball Club.
2018 Club Board of Directors
Due to a scheduling conflict, RCSC asked us to change our meeting from Monday, January 22nd at Fairway to Friday, January 26th at Marinette from 1pm-2:30 pm
This is our first of the year and important to address club matters. We plan to discuss financial, court scheduling, funds usage, instruction, tournaments and other business. We welcome all club members to attend.
Member Meeting was changed to: Friday, January 26th at Marinette from 1pm -2:30pm
Standing after 2nd week of play
|Lady Road Runner||203|
As noted in an earlier email your club is in the process of updating our lessons and clinics.
How to go forward with instruction? Your board considers the training/clinics/lessons aspect of our club a critical component of having a club. So, much so we want to develop a longer-term curriculum that supersedes any of us on the board or current instructors. To do so requires a fresh approach to lessons.
One clear need is to have “many available” instructors so as to cover high season as well as low season. Enough instructors are needed to prevent teacher burnout, allow for injury, tournament play, etc. Anyone willing to volunteer some of their time to help others learn and better enjoy the fast-growing game of Pickleball should go to the sign-up section (upper right side) of our website https://suncitypickleballclub.org/ beginning Sunday, Jan 14th and add their name. Sign up here…
We are planning instructor meetings this week regarding instruction and if your name is on this list, you likely will be contacted to join a meeting.
More details should be available later in the week, as we begin building a new lesson program for our members.
Regrettably, the Monday and Wednesday beginner and advanced beginner clinics in the coming week (January 15th) have been cancelled. We plan to resume these clinics in the next week (Jan. 22nd).
No change to the introductory lessons, thanks to Bill and Jan Booth.
Many of us have benefited (more than the instructors may realize) from the time and patience of the Monday/Wednesday instructors, however it is time for Peter and Jeff to enjoy a well-deserved break after running these clinics for 2 years. A huge thank you to Jeff Ditzik, Peter Miceli, and Lis Smoot (and at time others) for their time and training at these clinics.
Please watch for sign-up options on our website for our new lessons. Thanks for your understanding during this time of change. Enjoy your time on the courts.
INFO NEEDED: NAME, PHONE#, LADIES or MEN’S, COLOR, SIZE: S,M,L,XL, 2X, 3X
Ladies V-neck colors = Iron Grey, Lime Shock, Hot Coral, Tropic Blue and Purple
Men’s crew-neck colors = Kelly Green, Atomic Blue, Lime Shock, Silver & Neon Pink
Style illustrations are in the PDF file below. Available colors are somewhat different than those in illustrations.
Style Illustration (1.4 MB PDF)
DEADLINE 2/1/18 DELIVERY COD 3/1/18. The club will pay upfront.
Prices contingent on quantity (Last year $13 average). There is an extra charge of $2-$3 for 2X and 3X sizes.
Order with this form or use the contact information below for questions.
Email – DARYL WIMER
HOME# – 623-875-1676
CELL# – 623-680-2223