Good afternoon Sun City Pickleball Club Members,
Isn’t this great weather for pickleball!!!! Wow, the courts are full!! Lots of people coming back for the “winter’! So, let’s continue to be aware of what safety guidelines have been outlined by our RCSC … and, really, simply, “dittoing” good, smart behaviors during this time of Covid! Please continue to follow those guidelines and “smart sense”!
The Marinette court area has much more space to “social distance” and many spaces to “congregate” and “spread out”, the Mountain View court area is, for now, more limited . . . come on renovations! Many people had expressed some concern about how to continue playing safely at Mountain View and following the safety guidelines with so many people and such a small “social area”. Many people shared their ideas with Dan Haberman and me yesterday during play at the Mountain View courts. Such good “thinkers”! There will be a few “reminder” signs put up . . . thank you Lynda Skaggs!
Here are a few of their ideas:
– Please wear a mask when waiting in the “social area” for the next available court(s),
– Try to maintain “social distancing” . . . some ideas related to to this are:
– please consider waiting just outside the main gate if the “social area” is really “packed”!
– please consider using the far end patio area on the “east” side of the courts – there is a really nice space there!
– That system of individually putting up your paddle on the upper fence area while waiting to play does work great!
– Consider playing a little later in the day –
(some people already are “in play” later at both MN and MV – temps are getting better all day!)
Thank goodness all our pickleball courts are “in the open air”!
A few parting thoughts:
This is such an “unprecedented” time with this coronavirus – it is a bit of a challenge to continue playing pickleball (which we treasure) and following the “safety guidelines” set up to help us stay healthy. Such good ideas – please share any further, positive thoughts . . . We, surely, want to keep all the courts open!
Thank you, already, for following the safety guidelines and, thank you, again, for continuing to follow them! Bravo, Sun City Pickleball Club Members . . . Bravo!
PS – Please vote for the new RCSC Board Member – go Karen McAdam!