A Lot is Happening
- Club Shirts: On sale until February 1st. If we reach 150 ordered, we get a lower cost to each person… We can do it, right? It is best to order online or contact Daryl Wimer at: 623-680-2223. Let’s show off our colors/spirit at the Spring Slam Tournament with our Club Shirts
- Club Survey: A “Survey” email was sent out on Sunday to gain member feedback. It is due by this Friday, Jan. 19th, not the original date of 21st.
- Volunteers: In the city of volunteers, we need more volunteers for the SSIPA tournament on Jan. 30, Jan. 31 and Feb. 1. Particularly need “Line Judges” (don’t need to be USAPA approved, just good eyes) and parking guides. Please see the sign-up forms at both court locations or on the website.
- SSIPA Tournament Needs Players: Need 2.5 players/teams to sign up to make sure there are enough in this category to prevent forcing a combination of 3.0 and 2.5’s. Consider this “your turn”. Only 3 days left to sign up online at: https://www.secure.pickleballtournaments.com/welcome.pl?tid=1586
- 2018 Membership Renewal: Grace period ends on January 31st. We want new members and returnees. Club growth helps us increase activities for members. You can sign up online or drop an application and check in the boxes at either court location.
- Friday Marinette Social: For anyone that wants to play on social basis (doesn’t matter your skill level, let’s mix it up). Followed by dinner (you bring your own) in the Auditorium this Friday (alternating Friday’s in Auditorium and then eating out other Friday). Starts at 5pm
- Member Meeting Changed: Due to a scheduling conflict, RCSC changed us to Friday, January 26th at Marinette from 1pm-2:30pm. We are discussing several club matters of recent interest. All members are welcome.
Lastly, Wednesday was a nice day for friendly play. We had a good turnout for Round Robin and potential new members got to view some demonstration play at Discover Sun City day. Thanks to Pat Sterba, Pat Klepadlo and others that dropped in to assist at our table and portable net set up.
It’s Fun, Fun, Fun with the Pickleball Club.
2018 Club Board of Directors
Standing after 2nd week of play
|Lady Road Runner
Sign-ups for Sun City West Reciprocal play have begun. The first date for this year is Sunday, Jan. 28th.
Information Sign up
The club has a number of events in the coming months which require volunteer assistance to be successful. We hope you have a few hours in your off-court schedule to help. If you’re interested in working any of the events, click the signup links below or email Pat Klepadlo or Pat Sterba to get involved if the signup links have not been published yet.
Thursday, Jan. 11 — Fun Day, Marinette, 4-7 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 16 — Fun Day, Mountain View, 4-7 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 17 — Discover Sun City club booth, Sundial, 9-11 a.m. or 6-8 p.m. Volunteer positions are already filled.
Tuesday-Thursday, Jan. 30-Feb. 1 — Super Senior International Pickleball Association tournament at Marinette. Sign up here… Click the tabs near the top of the page to see all of the categories.
Friday-Sunday, March 9-11 — Spring Slam tournament, at Marinette. Future Signup.
Good Fun! With over 60 people coming and going at Marinette today, we had a fun day of greet and play. Some were catching up on old friendships, some were meeting new people and most were showing their pickleball talents at today’s social event.
Plenty of good food was brought (hope you liked meatballs) for the potluck at the end of the day to restore calories lost.
The tally of games played resulted in the Desert Frogs, croaking their way to being the point total winners. No doubt the Snowbirds will swoop in next year with a challenge to change that outcome.
Thank you Pat Sterba for coordination of this event.
At the Potluck, Murray Griffin reminded us that the Couples Drop In Friday at 5pm has moved on from being couples to “anyone wanting to play and then have dinner with Pickleball friends”. In order to plan dinner location, please advise Murray by Friday noon
Dear Pickleball Club Members,
There have been some questions about the format of our Friday, Jan. 5th Desert Frogs vs. Snowbirds “Social” Event at Marinette from 1-6pm, followed by potluck dinner 6-8pm.
Let’s clarify, this is not a tournament. It is a club social event.
Comments have stated we lose touch, we forget our club members and we want to be a “friendly” club. Therefore, this club social has minimal guidelines deliberately to encourage conversation and free play.
You sign up on our website as either a Desert Frog or a Snowbird. This will place you in that group. Even if the sign up function on the website says it is full, come to Marinette anyway. It is up to you to come and meet the opposite group and start playing. Simple as that.
Further, the purpose of this event is to remind us of our club members, no matter how much time you spend in Sun City. Casual and Fun is the atmosphere.
The time begins at 1pm, but people may drop in leave and come back as they wish. Potluck is from 6-8pm in the Marinette auditorium. Please feel free to come and play, go home and get your food and return for dinner.
Should there be further questions, Pat Sterba, has volunteered to be event coordinator.
See you there.
Dear Pickleball Members,
We are your 2018 board members and we want to start off the new year telling you we are excited about being the “new team”. We believe the Pickleball Club has been both a good physical activity and social club to many of us. We want to not only continue this direction, but improve and grow our club.
With those initial objectives stated, let’s begin with some event review (January events). Continue reading →
January 5th. 1-8 pm, eat at 6:00 pm.
Come join your friends and meet new people. This will be a fun day of playing pickleball with a potluck following at 6:00 pm. Potluck will be held in the auditorium.
You bring the food; the club will provide the plates, utensils, paper goods, and drinks.
Sign up here…
The blue team won the tourney.